Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: Larry <lsedels_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:17:26 -0500

Please note that an industry benchmark means very little, as compared with an actual benchmark run on your own data. And do you have any idea of the cost associated with running a TPC benchmark? And what is the result? A static benchmark in a dynamic world .. the results are invalid within 6-12 months. If you look back cumulatively at what DBMS has had the most leadership positions in the TPC benchmarks (instead of looking at one point in time), I'll bet DB2 would win.