Thanks ALEX Filonov

From: Mark Thomas <mark.thomas5_at_dtn.ntl>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 22:56:22 -0000

thankyou very much for your help - it did the trick

hope you will not mind answering one more for me - i really would appreciate it

question

the names, addresses and postcodes of customers who have hired each make of car?

there are 3 makes of car jaguar vauxhall and ford when i run the below the computer produces a result of zero. i have been told that in my query that it doesn't search 3 times per customer and therefore doesn't pick up on my data. - i hope that sort of makes sense.

my input is

select distinct customer.name, customer.address, customer.post_code from customer, car_type, hiring, car
where customer.acc_no = hiring.cust_acc and hiring.regno = car.regno
and car.model = car_type.model

and maker = 'Ford'
and maker = 'Jaguar'
and maker = 'Vauxhall';

thanx in advance

mark Received on Wed Mar 22 2000 - 16:56:22 CST