Analyze/Optimization question

From: Karen G <x_at_yz.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:42:47 -0700

Hi All,

        ORACLE7 7.2.2.4.7 - Production Release on NT 4. I have learned on 8.0.5- The v$parameter table says the optimizer_mode is CHOOSE.

  1. When I try: alter session set optimizer_mode = ‘RULE’ it doesn't work. Is RULE based not supported on 7.2???
  2. When I try: select * from user_tables where last_analyzed is not null there is no last_analyzed column. Do I need to run a script to enable this?
  3. For what its worth: I am able to analyze table table_name setimate statistics.

All comments appreciated: Thanks to all as I have lerned much lurking on this group.

Karen Received on Tue Mar 21 2000 - 16:42:47 CST