Re: Analyze/Optimization question

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 21:02:18 -0500

A copy of this was sent to x_at_yz.com (Karen G) (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:42:47 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi All,
> ORACLE7 7.2.2.4.7 - Production Release on NT 4. I have learned on
>8.0.5- The v$parameter table says the optimizer_mode is CHOOSE.
>
> 1) When I try: alter session set optimizer_mode = ‘RULE’ it
>doesn't work. Is RULE based not supported on 7.2???

ops$tkyte_at_8i> alter session set optimizer_goal=rule;

Session altered.

ops$tkyte

optimizer_goal, not mode...

> 2) When I try: select * from user_tables where last_analyzed is
>not null there is no last_analyzed column. Do I need to run a script
>to enable this?

that column did not exist in that release. That was added in 8.0

You can do the same with:

select * from user_tables where num_rows is not null;

--
http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Mar 21 2000 - 20:02:18 CST