Re: Sqltrace for someone else's session?

From: <miaemp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:42:10 GMT

Yes you can. you need to do the following, get the user's SID and SERIAL# from v$session. Then to set the trace run the following: execute dbms_session.set_sql_trace_in_session([SID],[SERIAL#],[TRUE | FALSE]) I have done this many times myself.

HTH
Eric Peterson

In article <8ap2l9$cae$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, argosy22_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> HI all,
>
> We are using Oracle 7.3.4.
> and attempting to figure out what is happening on
> a database that is accessed via the web.
>
> I have used SQLTRACE to log what is happening with
> own session. Go into sqlplus and:
>
> alter session
> set sql_trace = true
>
> - do statements here.
>
> alter session
> set sql_trace = false
>
> - then look at the .trc file
>
> A remote user's session is hanging, and I am wondering
> if it is a database issue. Is it possible to set a trace
> for the user's remote session? How would I do it?
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Argosy
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 15 2000 - 16:42:10 CST