Baffled by SQLGetTypeInfo

From: <alanlb_at_rrinc.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 23:11:06 GMT

I'm running a custom ODBC app written in C under WinNT 4.0 SP6. On the same box, I have Oracle 8.1.5 Client installed; the ODBC driver version is 8.01.05.00. I'm connecting to an Oracle DBMS running on Solaris 7 (SPARC) without incident.
The problem I'm experiencing is with the following code: rc = SQLGetTypeInfo(hstmt, SQL_INTEGER); if (SQL_SUCCESS == rc) {
SQLBindCol(hstmt, 1, SQL_C_CHAR, buf, sizeof(buf), &n); rc = SQLFetch(hstmt);
}
where hstmt is a valid statement handle derived off of a valid ODBC connection and environment. The call to SQLGetTypeInfo returns SQL_SUCCESS, but the subsequent call to SQLFetch returns SQL_NO_DATA. I'm quite baffled -- the ODBC documentation I'm perusing doesn't even mention this contingency. The same code works as expected when I connect to DSNs for Access 97, SQL Server 6.5 and IBM DB2. Any ideas?
/alan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 15 2000 - 17:11:06 CST