Re: Oracle LONG datatype

From: XXX <XXXX_at_XXX.XXX>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:59:57 +0100

Hi
I think you can write to LONG more than 2000 characters. I am working with long
datatype long time an I did not find similiar problems like as you. I am using Delphi BDE
drivers for the connect to the database and I am uploading to the long pictures, MS Word files,
etc without problems. I dont know your database setting but I think that your problems are on the
client side.

Check setting or source of client application, there you probably find the terrible problem.

Vasek Svara
vaclav.svara_at_anfdata.cz

Joseph Simes <jsimes_at_s-way.com> píše v diskusním příspěvku:Dl_w4.2876$yV1.711030_at_tw11.nn.bcandid.com...
> Hello,
>
> I am mystefied. Is there no easy way to pass large quantities of text to a
> LONG field in Oracle. I am trying to upscale a Cold Fusion application
from
> NT/Microsoft Access to Solaris/Oracle and the Access database uses many
MEMO
> fields. Oracle is telling me (along with the database administrator) that
> can only write/retrieve 2000 characters to/from a LONG field at a time.
> What a pain. My db administrator has pointed me to some rather complex C
> code that will bind the data to a larger data chun (whatever that means)
but