Re: Generate Keys/Constraints/Triggers?

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/02/29

My 'freeware' SQL PlusPlus requires SYS to grant select on DBA_ views.

I think you could develop a workaround by creating your own DBA_ views upon
your USER_views with USER as OWNER column. Then you will not need DBA_ views
to use my tool.

I have not done this but I shall look into this today and will let you know
directly. And if successful I shall provide such a script with the coming
version 2.1 of SQLPlusPlus.

regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib

+---------------------------------------------------------------
 +---------------------------------------------------------------
+---------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffery Cann <Jeffery_Cann_at_nospam.mcgraw-hill.com> wrote in message news:38BB0B5E.F216A5B4_at_nospam.mcgraw-hill.com...
> Greetings.
>
> What can I say, I am spoiled by TOAD. In the schema/object browser, I
> can select a table then hit the 'Script' tab and see the alter table
> commands that build UK, FK (PKs are in CREATE TABLE), etc.
>
> Does someone have SQL statements that will result with the same DDL
> statements? I have seen some 'freeware' PL/SQL tools that require
 SYS.
> I don't have access to SYS, so these scripts would be written to use
 the
> views USER_CONS_COLUMNS and USER_CONSTRAINTS.
>
> Also, if you sell a tool that does this, you do NOT need to reply as I
> am not in the 'market' for purchasing something already in the Oracle
> data dictionary and that the guys who wrote TOAD figured out how to
 pull
> these DDL statements.
>
> Thanks
> Jeffery Cann

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CST