Generate Keys/Constraints/Triggers?

From: Jeffery Cann <Jeffery_Cann_at_nospam.mcgraw-hill.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:57:18 -0700

Greetings.

What can I say, I am spoiled by TOAD. In the schema/object browser, I can select a table then hit the 'Script' tab and see the alter table commands that build UK, FK (PKs are in CREATE TABLE), etc.

Does someone have SQL statements that will result with the same DDL statements? I have seen some 'freeware' PL/SQL tools that require SYS. I don't have access to SYS, so these scripts would be written to use the views USER_CONS_COLUMNS and USER_CONSTRAINTS.

Also, if you sell a tool that does this, you do NOT need to reply as I am not in the 'market' for purchasing something already in the Oracle data dictionary and that the guys who wrote TOAD figured out how to pull these DDL statements.

Thanks
Jeffery Cann Received on Mon Feb 28 2000 - 17:57:18 CST