Oracle installations...

From: Bunmi <akinyem1_at_pilot.msu.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 00:36:01 -0500

Hi All,

I have Oracle 8i running fine on my Win2K Server machine at work. Now, I'm trying to install it on my Win2K Server machine at home, and I'm having problems uninstalling some services.

Initially, I tried installing oracle on my F drive, it didn't work fine, so I uninstalled it and installed it on my primary C drive, and everything worked fine except that the Oracle installer did not uninstall some Oracle.. services, and as such my new installation did not overwrite these services (I think because they point to a different drive), anywayz, my question is that I need to take out the services left out by the oracle uninstall program, how can I do that without screwing up my registry?

Thanks for any ideas. Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 23:36:01 CST