Re: backup and recovery in data warehouse

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: 2000/02/07

Jeremy,

You say that you will not be able to back up all read/write tablespaces in a single cold backup, but also that you don't want to use archivelog mode. Given these two facts, how would you restore the database in the event it became necessary? Even if you restored separate pieces of the database from separate days, you would have no way to bring them consistent with each other. The restored database would be unopenable.

--
Jeremiah