Re: Questions regarding port of Sybase to Oracle

From: Dressen <dressen_at_DAMN$PAM.COM>
Date: 2000/02/01

Download Oracle Migration WorkBench from http://technet.oracle.com. It's a GUI based utility that will assist you in the migration process. It contains a plugin to port Sybase Adaptive Server (not sure what Sybase product you are using.) Also included in the package is some HTML documentation that tells you everything you need to know about converting Sybase to Oracle, including all the T-SQL caveats (I think the documentation is also available on the technet website). I've found in a current Adaptive Server to Oracle port that T-SQL is much more forgiving than PL/SQL.

-Mark