Re: rename table/alter initial extent

From: Aravind Yalamanchi <ayalaman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 09:42:11 -0500

In Oracle8i, you can use 'alter table .. move storage(initial ...)' as follows :

SVRMGR> create table tab1 (a int, b int) storage (initial 10K); Statement processed.
SVRMGR> select table_name, initial_extent from user_tables;

TABLE_NAME                     INITIAL_EX
TAB1                                10240
1 row selected.
SVRMGR> alter table tab1 move storage (initial 20K); Statement processed.
SVRMGR> select table_name, initial_extent from user_tables;
TABLE_NAME                     INITIAL_EX
TAB1                                20480
1 row selected.