ConnectionPooling with 8i and JDBC

From: Thomas Muller <ttm_at_nextel.no>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:01:24 +0100

Dear folks,

I can't find any documentation regarding the connection pooling features in the type 4 driver to 8i. The driver includes "OracleConnectionCache" and "OracleConnectionCacheImpl" but they are to now help if I don't know how to use them (I'm not supposed to dissect the class-files am I?).

Nevertheless, I've written my own kick-ass pooling class, which utilizes the connection pool mechanism found in the JDBC standard extension API. In order to work properly, the JDBC vendor must provide an implementation of the ConnectionPoolDataSource. The Oracle driver includes an OracleConnectionPoolDataSource, but I don't know how to instantiate it (does a factory provide instances, can clients instantiate it via a public constructor, what's the arguments etc).

Does anyone know where to find the proper documentation on this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--

Thomas Received on Fri Jan 28 2000 - 09:01:24 CST