Re: TNSNAMES.ora

From: Glen Siferd <siferd_at_admin.uwex.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:51:16 -0600

Paul;

You should have a ORANT\NET80\ADMIN directory, also, and that's where the TNSNAMES.ORA that Oracle 8 uses is stored. The installation of the 7.3 client may well have overwritten the TNSNAMES.ORA file in that directory, but should have made a backup. If not, you'll have to recreate it and make sure you have identical copies in both NETWORK\ADMIN and NET80\ADMIN.

What error message do you get when the Oracle 8 app won't run?

Glen