Re: DB Modeling Question

From: Alan Shein <alanshein_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 15:47:28 -0500

It's just a matter of direction. Left to Right vs. Right to Left. If they had phrased it,

"patients can have one and only one doctor"

it would be a many-to-one.

In my experience, everyone tends to speak in a left-to-right kind of way (one-to-many), as in the test's example. It makes more sense to say, "One doctor can have many patients" than, "Patients can have one and only one doctor."