TNSNAMES.ora

From: Paul Long <plong_at_micron.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:17:56 -0700

I know nothing about Oracle 8x, but I need to know if it uses a TNSNAMES.ora file? If so, is this file suppose to be in the \orant\network\admin directory?

My Oracle 8 is installed loaclly, but we must also connect to an Oracle 7.3 database on a network server. After installing the 7.3 client, our Oracle 8 application won't run. The only thing I'm aware of that may have been overwritten is the TNSNAMES.ora file.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Received on Mon Dec 20 1999 - 12:17:56 CST