DB Modeling Question

From: Mark Framness <framnesso_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 20:00:11 GMT

Hey All

In the self-test SQL-PL/SQL sample practice exam I get tripped up by one question regarding data modelling.

The question is that a patient can only have one doctor, doctor can have many patients and a doctor can not be a patient.

They give one-many and many-one among other choices and the answer is many to one. What is the difference in this case between one to many and many to one?

Going through the Oracle CP App Deve Exam Guide I did not notice any differentiation. The impression that I got is that there are many to many, one to one, many to one and nothing else (i.e. many to one and one to many are the same thing).

Thanks Again.
From: Mark Framness
http://netnet.net/~farmer/index.html
All standard disclaimers apply anyone who say otherwise is itching for a

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 20 1999 - 14:00:11 CST