Re: How do I recreate the NT Oracle Services ?

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 20:04:34 GMT

Well, I discovered the command line parameters that were needed to recreate the Oracle 8.1.5 service on my NT 4.0 sp5 server. That was the easy part, although I am not sure that the database is "good".

Now I cannot create a listener service or even start the listener from the LSNRCTL command line because of an apparent TCP/IP protocol error. I get the following errors from LSNRCTL:

ORA-1058
ORA-12560
ORA-530

I think it is the ORA-12560 that is the real error. Here is the text for it:

"ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
Cause: A generic protocol adapter error occurred.

Action: Check addresses used for proper protocol specification. Before reporting this error, look at the error stack and check for lower level transport errors. For further details, turn on tracing and reexecute the operation. Turn off tracing when the operation is complete."

Now, I have no clue what I am supposed to do now. After all, how could I turn on tracing without a listener service?

So, I tried to to do use EXP to export the only schema on the "lost" database that is not mirrored on different instances on different machines. At least then I would be able to reinstall Ora 8.1.5 and import the schema of interest. But, the same ORA-12560 keeps EXP from accessing the database !

QUESTION: Does anyone out there have an idea how I can:

  1. Access my database without a listener or,
  2. Know some way that I can start my listener ?

Thanks,
Rock Cogar.
Radian International LLC.
Oak Ridge, TN. USA.

In article <83lnk9$5h0$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of our main production NT servers got really screwed up while I
was
> doing work for another office. What I have is that all the Oracle
> services are pointed to the wrong (zipped up!) version of Oracle
server
> & listener. So my question is:
>
> What is the (magic) command line syntax to recreate the oracle
services
> (one instance + listener) on my NT server ?
>
> Thanks,
> Rock Cogar.
> Radian International, Oak Ridge, TN. USA.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 20 1999 - 14:04:34 CST