Re: PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES - standalone function

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 20:39:21 GMT

Hi.

 Stand alone function does not need such pragma.  PL/SQL is able to check the function's code and to verify that it is  not offensive.
 You need pragma only with packages, because Oracle does not have  such info when looking at SPEC part of package.

 HTH. Michael.

In article <383CD2EE.42E889BE_at_sympatico.ca>,   paraf_at_sympatico.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problem: I would like to be able to use standalone function in
> another function used in select statement. In order to do that, the
> function has to be defined with PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES to mark
that
> it doesn't update anything. I found only examples/description how to
do
> that with functions in packagas.
>
> What about standalone functions?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Artur

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 25 1999 - 14:39:21 CST