WebDB Fails with NC4.7 & IE5

From: <ould_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:11:59 GMT

Hello all,

Using Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux/RH6 with WebDB2.0.5, several people encounterd the follwing error :
"A network error occured while Netscape was receiving data.(Network Error: Connection reset by peer)". No body seems to know for what this due.

This error occured for querry (select, update, etc.) via intranet, particularly for huge table result.

For IE5 the data loading fails about 4 times on 5, even the connection to database is impossible. For Netscape 4.x the failure is completly hazardous.

This error is important and handers the use of WebDB. (The question is: waht is the importance of WebDB if any querry via browser on your database fails?).

I want to ask Oracle on that problem (if they will answer !) . But, I don't know the the exact e-mail for this subject.

Thanks in advance for any helps

Ould

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 08:11:59 CST