Re: ?DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ORACLE7 AND ORACLE8

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:48:05 -0500

A copy of this was sent to mihou_at_yahoo.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:15:03 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi !
>I am about to buy oracle8 books,but I have oracle7(7.3.3)installed on
>my computer.
>Therefore,I would like to know the main differences between oracle8 and
>oracle7: in other words what I would not be able to do with oracle7
>Thanks for your help.
>Mihou

goto http://technet.oracle.com/ and under documentation for the Oracle8i server, get the "getting to know Oracle8i" document.

This book has a section on "New Oracle8.0 features and options". this shows the major diffs between 7.3 and 8.0. It also has "New Oracle8i features" showing the diffs between 8.1 and 8.0

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Nov 17 1999 - 07:48:05 CST