Re: Database Link across 2 databases.

From: Didier LENQUETTE <didier.lenquette_at_steria.fr>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:13:46 GMT

Hi Mike !

When you create a database link "database link create" does not means that the db link is ok !

In your example you have forgotten the description string !

You should write something like this
create database link db1 connect scott identified by tiger USING db2;

where db2 in a entry a your local tnsnames.ora !

Regards !