Database Link across 2 databases.

From: mike seah <mikeseah_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:50:27 +0800

greetings,
I need to try out oracle basic replication. I have created 2 Oracle Databases on my PC. I can do a
"connect system/manager_at_db1" &
"connect system/manager_at_db2"

(So TNS is ok)
From db2, I have done a
"create database link db1 connect scott identified by tiger;"
but a
"create snapshot scott.emp as select * from scott.emp_at_db1"
fails with error:
ORA-02019 connect desc for remote database not found. what is missing in the Oracle network setup ? Any assistance would be appreciated.
rgds
mike Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 02:50:27 CDT