Re: Identifying NT User who is logged on

From: Xuening Sun <ba503_at_torfree.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:29:06 GMT

Hi, Diane,

 You might want to try the following SQL statement:

select user_name, substr(description, 1, 36), last_logon_date from applsys.fnd_user
where to_char(sysdate, 'MM-DD-YYYY') = to_char(last_logon_date, 'MM-DD-YYYY') and session_number in (select sid from v$session);

 Hope this helps.

Xuening Sun
--
owais_anjum_at_my-deja.com wrote:
: In article <7s40ac$rtm$1_at_news7.svr.pol.co.uk>,
: "DianeB" <diane_at_adventservices.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
: > We are running Oracle Fiancials with the client software running on NT
: 4.0
: > (actually its Windows Terminal Server)
: > I want to be able to identify the users which are attached to the
: database.
: > All Fiancials users come in as "APPS" database user.
: > and the TERMINAL field is always set to "Windows PC". How can I
: establish
: > who is connected to the database in terms of either their NT login
: name or
: > their Client PC.
: >
: > Many thanks in advance
: >
: > DB
: >
: >

: I know nothing about Oracle Financials...but this is how you would do
: this job on Oracle8 Server:

: Logon as DBA

: OWAIS> select username, osuser , machine, terminal from v$session;

: USERNAME OSUSER MACHINE TERMINAL
: -------------------- --------------- -------------------- -----------
: UNKNOWN JOHNYQUEST JOHNYQUEST
: UNKNOWN JOHNYQUEST JOHNYQUEST
: UNKNOWN JOHNYQUEST JOHNYQUEST
: UNKNOWN JOHNYQUEST JOHNYQUEST
: UNKNOWN JOHNYQUEST JOHNYQUEST
: UNKNOWN JOHNYQUEST JOHNYQUEST
: KFO wasima KAPS1\PC8 PC8
: OPP jdbcuser jdbcclient unknown
: KFO wasima KAPS1\PC8 PC8
: KFO wasima KAPS1\PC8 PC8
: SYSTEM owaisa KAPS1\PC1 PC1

: 11 rows selected.

: hope it helps
: Owais

: Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
: Share what you know. Learn what you don't.