Re: Identifying NT User who is logged on

From: Nicolas Bronke <news_at_trinity.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:35:55 +0200

> We are running Oracle Fiancials with the client software running on NT 4.0
> (actually its Windows Terminal Server)
> I want to be able to identify the users which are attached to the
database.
> All Fiancials users come in as "APPS" database user.
> and the TERMINAL field is always set to "Windows PC". How can I establish
> who is connected to the database in terms of either their NT login name or
> their Client PC.

Only some ideas:

  1. select * from v$session (Result set depends on Oracle release)
  2. Could it be that Oracle Financials has their own user-table and connect to oracle using the user apps?
  3. Could it be, that the WTS does not return the real station name and username?

Regards
Nicolas Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 11:35:55 CDT