Re: Identifying NT User who is logged on

From: <owais_anjum_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:43:47 GMT

In article <7s40ac$rtm$1_at_news7.svr.pol.co.uk>,   "DianeB" <diane_at_adventservices.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> We are running Oracle Fiancials with the client software running on NT
4.0
> (actually its Windows Terminal Server)
> I want to be able to identify the users which are attached to the
database.
> All Fiancials users come in as "APPS" database user.
> and the TERMINAL field is always set to "Windows PC". How can I
establish
> who is connected to the database in terms of either their NT login
name or
> their Client PC.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> DB

I know nothing about Oracle Financials...but this is how you would do this job on Oracle8 Server:

Logon as DBA

OWAIS> select username, osuser , machine, terminal from v$session;

USERNAME OSUSER MACHINE TERMINAL

-------------------- --------------- -------------------- -----------
                     UNKNOWN         JOHNYQUEST           JOHNYQUEST
                     UNKNOWN         JOHNYQUEST           JOHNYQUEST
                     UNKNOWN         JOHNYQUEST           JOHNYQUEST
                     UNKNOWN         JOHNYQUEST           JOHNYQUEST
                     UNKNOWN         JOHNYQUEST           JOHNYQUEST
                     UNKNOWN         JOHNYQUEST           JOHNYQUEST
KFO                  wasima          KAPS1\PC8            PC8
OPP                  jdbcuser        jdbcclient           unknown
KFO                  wasima          KAPS1\PC8            PC8
KFO                  wasima          KAPS1\PC8            PC8
SYSTEM               owaisa          KAPS1\PC1            PC1

11 rows selected.

hope it helps
Owais

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 08:43:47 CDT