Re: Duplicate Database?

From: Ken Rachynski <krachyn_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:23:23 GMT

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:59:54 -0700, Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl> wrote:

>As what user?

Internal, initially. I tried my admin account afterwards.

>Why not bring your development db down, copy it and bring both instances
>up again?
>Can even be done with an open dev db, when running in archivelog mode, and
>taking
>the tablespaces in backup mode when copying.

Sadly, my development environment became production before I could figure out how to twin it so I would have a separate production environment. Now I can't take it down unless I want to stay late or come in on the weekend. That might be an idea anyway.

Ken Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 11:23:23 CDT