Re: Duplicate Database?

From: Brent Douglas <Brent.Douglas_at_DAYTONOH.NCR.COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:06:03 -0400

have you considered copying the datafiles themselves? i did this and it's not that hard....

make a copy of the control file from your prod environment - alter database backup controlfile to trace;

edit this file to point to the new file locations, change the instance name, change noresetlogs to resetlogs - save as a script - newDevCTRL.sql

shut down that database and copy your files to their new homes - into an existing instance in my case

start that instance up :

    srvrmgr
    connect internal
    @newDevCTRL.sql

just a thought, you may want to bounce this off someone, its been a couple weeks since i did it here - its not very hard, and it's much faster than export / import

brent douglas, ncr