Re: Duplicate Database?

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:59:54 -0700

Ken Rachynski wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I'm having some difficulty duplicating my database so I can copy my
> development system into production. I used OEM to export my full
> database,

As what user?

> created a new database with similar parameters to my
> development system and tried to import the database using the same
> account that I had exported my database with. I get permission errors
> for the most part indicating that account can't create some of the
> schemas in the database.
>
> Can somebody offer tips for doing this or point me in the direction of
> some good notes?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ken

Why not bring your development db down, copy it and bring both instances up again?
Can even be done with an open dev db, when running in archivelog mode, and taking
the tablespaces in backup mode when copying.

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
V&L Informatica BV                   Hunzestraat 4
Palandijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede        7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500 Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 17:59:54 CDT