Oracle vs. Informix

From: Chris Moehring <chris.moehring_at_txucom.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:05:07 -0500

I am considering purchasing Informix's IDS rather than Oracle's 8.

I have heard that
1) Informix was faster than Oracle but much harder to maintain. 2) Harder to get support for Informix. People don't want to mess with it.
3) Stored procedures have to be done one line at a time with Informix....very
time consuming.

I am please with the speed but the last thing that we need right now is server/software taking up our time to maintain.

Can anyone address the validity of these statements?

Thanks,
Chris Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 09:05:07 CDT