InterMedia Text Manager doesn't work for creating/altering full text indexes

From: Marc Hoffmann <hoffmann_at_dti.ch>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:49:55 +0200

Hi again

When I am using Oracles InterMedia Text Manager for creating FT indexes the creation fails with the following error:

ORA-29855: error occured in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
ORA-20000: ConText Error
DRG-11422: Linguistic initialisation failed.
DRG-00100: Internal error, arguments : [52100], [drxf.c], [707], [gtxopen],
[0]
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 122
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 34
ORA-06512: at line 1

But when I take the SQL Statement ('Show SQL') and let it run in an SQLPlus Worksheet the index can be created!

I am using the user CTXSYS in both cases and the same error occurs on two machines.

Thanks for your Help!
Marc Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 09:49:55 CDT