Book for Oracle 7.3 and 8?

From: Zeddie <zaheerm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:06:19 GMT

I have very little practical Oracle DBA experience, although I have attended the relevant Oracle Education courses.

I am thinking of purchasing

Oracle 8 Dba Handbook by K Loney

or the

Oracle 7 DBA Handbook by the same author.

However, I have read some fairly negative comments about the Oracle 8 edition on http://www.amazon.co.uk/

Can anyone recommended either of the above books, or suggest any alternatives? Ideally I would like a book which covers both Oracle 7.3 and Oracle 8 as our site has not yet upgraded to Oracle 8, but will be doing so shortly.

Thanks in advance!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 09:06:19 CDT