Re: Oracle 10 to 11 upgrade

From: <sunk_at_focushope.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:58:31 GMT

Order the upgrade/installation package from the support for r11 which includes all the CDs, docs and release notes/updates you will need. Before you start you should go through those docs.

It's recommanded you install the vision demo first to get familiar with the new structure of Oracle8/Apps r11(something like two-tier, Web server, Form server...)

If you are not using 10.7NCA, there are a lot of changes...

I did the upgrade from 10.7c to r11.0.1(Financials and Manufacturing) at the beginning of this year and it took me 2 full months to prepare for it(logged in more than 15 TARs with the support) and only 2 days for production. Since more and more people are going to r11, the support is a very good source to get help(they might already know most of the problems)

There's a class offered by education teaching about r11 installation(not upgrade). If you don't feel comfortable by only reading the manuals, that might be somewhere to start with. If you are an expert just forget about it. Here's a fact, when I took that course, only 2 groups out of 8 successfully did the installation after 5 days. I don't know what that suppose to mean?

Good luck, Kurt.

In article <HXjs3.754$Ci3.41020_at_news.uswest.net>,   "Clive Richardson" <crichardson_at_wise-soft.com> wrote:
> Can anyone advise me what is basically involved in an Oracle 10 to 11
> upgrade (Oracle Financials)?
>
> I am particularly interested in what tools/utilities are involved to
migrate
> the application software as well as the database. What is the most
> reliable and consistant way to duplicate an existing Oracle 7.32
database in
> order to migrate on the duplicated database to 8.05? In real-world
terms,
> what steps should be carried out to ensure a successful live migration
back
> to production?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Clive

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 08:58:31 CDT