Re: Multiple Oracle Versions on NT?

From: Paul Rahe <paul_rahe_at_cissc.canon.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 19:54:57 GMT

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:52:31 -0400, "Jerry Gitomer"
<jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com> wrote:

<snip>

I gave you the wrong information previously.

The following paragraph is from the Oracle 8 'Release 8.0.4 for Windows NT Getting Started' book

You can install different version of Oracles databases in the same Oracle home provided they have different first or second-digit versions. For example, you can have release 7.2.x, 7.3.x and 8.0x databases in the same Oracle home. You cannot install multiple third-digit releases of the same products. For example, you cannot install release 7.3.2 and release 7.3.3 or release 8.0.3 and release 8.0.4 version of the same Oracle databases in the same Oracle home.

Sorry if my previous post caused any confusion.

Paul Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 14:54:57 CDT