Re: Multiple Oracle Versions on NT?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:52:31 -0400

Reply emailed to author and posted

Hi,

Yes, you can have two instances running on an NT box. You can even have two copies of the same release (test and production for example).

I don't remember how we started the second instance, so I am no help in getting started.

As far as logging in our users always came in over SQL*Net (Net8). Set up a separate pair of ports for the second instance, e.g. 1522 and 1527. Use the SQL*Net (Net8) Easy configuration on the client to set up a separate connection for the second instance.

regards
Jerry Gitomer

mikegrof_at_rocketmail.com wrote in message <7ocplc$qu7$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>Hi all,
>
>We are planning on building an NT server with 8.0.5 and 8.1.5.
Is there
>anything "special" that we need to worry about? Of course, both
will be
>installed into separate directories (ORACLE_HOME).
>
>When the database services start, how do you set a different
ORACLE_HOME and