cost of Oracle 8 license for Linux Web server usage

From: Dennis G. Allard <allard_at_oceanpark.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 19:04:01 -0700

I couldn't find an exact price quote on the Oracle Web site.

Could someone clue me in as to what Oracle charges for the following kinds of licenses:

Oracle 8 running on a single Linux box with one CPU serving as many connections as it can handle (where the clients are either remote or local to the Linux box).

Oracle 8 running on a single Linux box with one CPU restricted to N connections, for N = whatever.

(I am happy to know pricing for 'just' Oracle 8 -- I don't need any extra Oracle-provided E-commerce stuff or distributed transaction support -- just the vanilla RDBMS accepting plain old connections. But if anyone can, in addition, clue me in as to other Oracle 8 product pricing, that might be useful for others on this newsgroup -- Oracle 8i, for example).

Thanks,
Dennis

--

Dennis G. Allard                               telephone: 1.310.399.4740
Ocean Park Software                                 http://oceanpark.com