Re: dumping in ascii format

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 07:42:37 -0400

This certainly isn't the best way to load a database, but if you want to do it this way write a sqlplus script like this:

set pages 0;
set feedback off;
set termout off;
set recsep off;
spool data.sql
whenever sqlerror exit failure;
select 'insert into table2 (col1,col2,col3) values ('||col1||','||col2||','||','||col3||');' from table1;

Of course, you would substitute your real table names and the real names of your columns.

However, what you really need to do is learn sqlloader. Once you do that you can extract
your data like this:

set pages 0;
set feedback off;
set termout off;
set recsep off;
spool data.dat
whenever sqlerror exit failure;
select col1||','||col2||','||','||col3
from table1;

and you'll get a comma delimited data file that you can load with sqlloader.

Ken