Re: spooling text with nonprintable ASCII characters

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 01:30:08 -0400

Hi,

    As the saying goes an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure (hey, it's after 1:00 am local time and I feel philosophical). Using a good programming editor you can easily create a procedure with 22 lines, each of which deletes one character and run it against your database -- not the output spool files, but the database.

    The real issue is determining how the special characters got into the database in the first place and correcting whatever is storing the bad data since you appear to be suffering from the classic Garbage In - Garbage Out problem.

regards
Jerry Gitomer