spooling text with nonprintable ASCII characters

From: <soslav_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 15:13:01 GMT

Help!

I currently spool all the data from our production Oracle instance into ascii text files. The problem I am having is that I am not able to "trim" all the non-printable ASCii characters (all characters less then Chr(23)) from the data. These characters are found to the right of strings, in the middle of some strings. I have tried the replace function but this only allows me to replace one CHR(n) character at a time. Is there some function in Oracle that will allow me to "replace" these characters from a string? Or do I need to write a stored procedure that finds and replaces these non-printable characters? Any help would be more than appreciated.

current use of replace in the cursor is as follows:

v_name := REPLACE(v_name, 'CHR(10)', '')

Thanks,
Sean

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 02 1999 - 10:13:01 CDT