locally-managed tablespaces vs dictionary-managed tablespaces in 8i

From: Magnus Lassi <lassi_at_home.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 03:41:09 GMT

hi, I tried posting this before but it didn't seem to get through..

I've read about the locally-managed tablespaces in the manual for 8i..there seems to be many advantages using it, however I haven't been able to find any disadvantages with this feature. Are there any situations where you would want to avoid this? I have talked to some people but noone seems to know for sure..are these locally-managed tablespaces something Oracle reccomends?

TIA,
Magnus Lassi Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 22:41:09 CDT