Re: Can not start Listener

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 03:43:48 GMT

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:02:26 GMT, james_nguyen_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>I installed Oracle Server 8 on NT Server 4. When I start Listener8 in
>'Services' in the Control Panel (I do it manually because it doesn't
>start automaticly when NT boot), I received a message 'Can not start
>Listener on [host name]'.
>
>I would like to know how could I fix that problem. Is it because that
>Listener is not well installed or the configuration has a problem?

Not sure, but you might start by looking at the listener's log file. The filename is listener.log, and you should find it in: c:\oracle\ora81\network\log. There's a parameter that you can set in your listener.ora file
(oracle\ora81\network\admin directory) that will increase the level of detail shown in the listener.log file. I can't remember what it is at the moment, but perhaps someone else on this list will.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 22:43:48 CDT