Re: Poor Performance ORACLE 8.0.5

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:21:20 -0400

Hi,

    When dealing with a product as complex as Oracle there could be many reasons for the slowdown. The first two I would check are:

    Did you run ANALYZE COMPUTE or ANALYZE ESTIMATE on your tables since you migrated? The Cost Based Optimizer needs the statistics generated by ANALYZE to come up with efficient execution plans.

    Also look for differences in initialization parameters, especially in the sizes of the areas in the SGA. The Oracle defaults are (to be generous) on the small side and should be increased substantially.

regards

Jerry Gitomer