Re: pl sql from oracle you have to learn basic sql stmts

From: Andreas Breuer <breuer.andreas_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:58:38 +0200

> > I'm looking for suggestions for introductory Oracle programming books.
> > I'm an averagely competent programmer in other languages, so I don't
> > need a "...For Dummies" book or one that explains programming in
> > general, but since I am unfamiliar with Oracle I don't really know what
> > to look for in a book on this subject. I'd like a book that goes through
> > a number of small projects, step by step, explaining the fundamentals as
> > it goes and, if possible, one that is possible to simply read through
> > without actually doing the examples and still get an idea.

Hm. PL/SQL adopted a lot from PASCAL, but if don't know SQL right now, you will have to learn it. There are some Books out from O'Railly (hope I spell right) which seem fair to me, especially "Programming Oracle PL/SQL". But before going onto this, you'll have to master SQL.

Andreas Breuer Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 08:58:38 CDT