Re: Are you reaching Max Open Cursors in Oracle w/MTS & VB6 ?

From: Andreas Breuer <breuer.andreas_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:11:41 +0200

Fletch schrieb:

> Recently, we had a severe problem of implicit cursors growing to finally hit
> the Max_Open_Cursor limit of Oracle 8.0.5 & 8.1.5

Hm...
Some time ago I experienced a similar Problem wich turned out not to be a Problem of Oracle, but a bug in our software. One Subroutine dynamically created a Query-Object, but at the end of the routine the Object was not destroyed and so the cursor was left open. When some 20 of our Staff started working with the application we reached the Max_Open_Cursor_Limit very fast... So just as an hint where to look: Maybe there is a similar problem in your house.

Andreas Breuer Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 09:11:41 CDT