Re: Oracle8 with Unix

From: quinn coldiron <qcoldiro_at_unlinfo.unl.edu>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 06:26:37 -0500

susanne mainz wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> is there anyone out there who can explain to me how to install Oracle8 with
> Unix? I have a SUN with Solaris 2.7, and I have not yet worked with Unix...
> haha, this is extreme-computing, I know.
>
> Thanx, Susanne

While not specific to Solaris, I followed this page for installing on Linux.

I found the included documentation with Oracle 8.0.5 very confusing and incorrect in many places. If you ignore the RedHat Linux specific stuff, then it might help.

http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/oralinux.html

Another site that helped was
http://www.intrex.net/miket/SetupConfig.txt

Quinn Received on Sat Jun 05 1999 - 06:26:37 CDT