Re: Designer 2000

From: Sambavan Tharmarajah <sambavan_at_cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 08:06:43 -0500

On Mon, 10 May 1999, S,Erik wrote:

> Is anyone using Designer/2000? If so...
>
> Are you having any problems with generating, or have you chosen not to use
> that part of the application?

 Yeah, it is at times painefull to work on it. But I have been developing  oracle web forms for the last 2yrs, using the stored procedures and  functions. It was not much problem. If you are using web server generator, then it is painful.

> What versions are you using?

V7.3.2
> Are you generating Oracle Forms? Web pages?

Web pages.

> Are you generating modules more complex than a data entry form?
 Yeah.

> What would you say are its best and worst features?

 Its webgenerator will look for names terminating with $ sign and another synonym with $ sign. If you figure out that it will be more convenient to generate standard forms. I all ways prefer to use its stored procedures the
> How would you rate Oracle's support of the product?
Pretty good.

> Thanks,
>
> Erik
> e_at_technologist.com

Sam .T

600 West 26Th Street,                 Phone : (512) 474-2328
Apartment #E 144,                     E-mail: sambavan_at_cs.utexas.edu
Austin,                                       sambavan_at_mail.utexas.edu
Texas - 78705.                                sambavan_at_tenet.edu

        You should treat all disasters as if they were
        trivialities but never treat a triviality as if
        it were a disaster

                                      --- QUENTIN CRISP.