Re: Are most DBA jobs on UNIX or Mainframe, not NT?

From: bob <bob_at_newsguy.com>
Date: 23 May 1999 20:42:13 -0700

>mkx_at_excite.com wrote:
>>
>> It would seem that most DB2/Oracle/Sybase DBA positions are listed for
>> UNIX systems. Is this true?

In all the major projects I worked on, the database was on Unix. (oracle and sybase).

MS SQL is very little used, since it only runs on windows.

and due to Unix ease of writing scripts for, and ease of automations, most of the DBA's I know, they prefer to Admin databases on Unix.

bob   Received on Sun May 23 1999 - 22:42:13 CDT