Re: Are most DBA jobs on UNIX or Mainframe, not NT?

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 17:39:38 -0400

There are plenty of DBA jobs for installations with NT, although there are more with UNIX. Having worked with both, I think if you can handle everything on NT, you can get up to speed fairly quickly on UNIX. Most places running Oracle against UNIX are going to have a sysadmin for the really gritty stuff.

Van