Re: Install Oracle8.0.5 on NT

From: <private_comm_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 21:11:45 GMT

In article <926915394.881.77_at_news.remarQ.com>,   "dale booher" <dbooher_at_speedchoice.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure which version of 8.x you are running. However, there is
a Java
> bug in several of the versions. This may sound strange, but it
works! In
> order for several of the Java based applications to work properly,
you have
> to set your screen resolution to 256. Anything else and the appears
not to
> start.
>
> You can tell if this is your problem but looking in the task manager
after
> trying to start the app. You will see a Java process running and
using up
> to 99% of your CPU. However, the priority is so low that it does not
appear
> to affect the overall performance of the box.
>
> Give the above a shot - I know it has solved the problem on several
of the
> dba workstations.
>
> DB
> Sr Oracle DBA
> Phx, AZ
>
> Sam <sang777_at_jps.net> wrote in message news:373fe232_at_news1.jps.net...
> > I couldn't start the Oracle Database Assistant(ODA) - to create a
new
> > database-
> > after successfully installed the RDBMS. Nothing happened after I
selected
> > the ODA.
> > I tried it with NT Server 4.0 & SP3 or SP4, but nothing's worked!
The
> option
> > selected for install is either Oracle Enterprise Edition or manually
> select
> > most of
> > the products (of course, including the Oracle database Assistant).
Any
> clue
> > anybody?
> >
> > Thanks

I have experienced the same problem, in fact none of the Java based assitants worked. I have logged a tar with Oracle but they are baffled. I have tried all different resolutions but to no avail. However, this is only perculiar to one server and all our other machines are okay.

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Mon May 17 1999 - 16:11:45 CDT